Sunday, February 26, 2012

Follow me.

Today, I'm feeling great. Like, absolutely fantastic. Last night I talked to an old family friend, she is such a sweet heart and a die-hard Christian lady. She asked me if I wanted to go to church with her today and I said yes without hesitating. She goes to Arkansas a lot because her daughter and grandchildren live there so I'm lucky if I see her 5 times a year. I didn't go to sleep last night until 2 AM. That's the latest I've stayed up since forever. I set my alarm to wake me up at 8:15 - I woke up as soon as it went off. She picked me up at around 9:30 and she told me that she's a youth group teacher, so we were in a room with probably 10 kids. They were so adorable and lovely, it amazed me because a young girl probably about 8, said a prayer. I'm not talking about any prayer, it sounded like something that would come out of a pastor's mouth. She said something like "I hope that the non-believers start believing in you today, because you are the most important thing in life..." She continued, but that was the part that stuck out to me the most. I realized that I have really been disconnected from God and I need to get it together because on Judgement Day, you go to 1 of 2 places. Heaven or Hell. Thanks, but I'd much rather go to Heaven. So; I've come to the conclusion that if I get done with my workout in time - I will go to church again tonight with my family friend. I might make it a routine thing and start going every Sunday morning & night. I just don't know. That kind of started off my day just right, even though I'm not too big on religion, but that little girl opened my eyes. Life is short and it's up to you what you do with the time you have on this earth, and I'm not too satisfied with what I've done, so I figured it can only go up from here. Church every Sunday sounds good to me. Have a nice Sunday evening! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment